The Forgotten City, based on the award-winning Skyrim mod, is coming to multiple platforms this summer.
The Forgotten City is a mature narrative-driven game and a re-imagining of the critically acclaimed mod that won a national Writers’ Guild award and racked up over 3 million downloads.
In the game, you are trapped in a secret underground city set during the reign of the Roman Empire. Here, 23 lost souls cling to life.
Here’s the synopsis of the game developed by Modern Storyteller:
In this precarious utopia, if one person breaks the mysterious Golden Rule, everyone dies. As a time-traveler drawn two thousand years into the past, you’ll relive their final moments in an endless loop, exploring and interrogating, and changing the course of the day with each secret you uncover.
Only by cleverly exploiting the time loop and making difficult moral choices can you hope to solve this epic mystery. Here, your decisions matter. The fate of the city is in your hands.
And here’s what you can expect from the game (thanks, Gematsu):
- Explore an authentic, open-world ancient Roman city brought to life with Unreal Engine
- Become entwined in the lives of richly detailed, deeply interactive characters
- Grapple with moral dilemmas which have life-and-death consequences
- Investigate a gripping, non-linear mystery with multiple endings
- Role-play as whoever you want, by choosing your own sex, race, and backstory
- Solve problems your own way, with reason, charm, bribery, stealth, intimidation, or by cleverly exploiting the time loop.
You can check out the newest trailer for it, courtesy of IGN, above and check out more trailers for it on Modern Storyteller’s YouTube channel.
The game is coming to PC, PS4, PS5, Switch, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S.
The post Skyrim mod The Forgotten City will be released as a standalone game this summer appeared first on VG247.