Developer Midgard Studio and publisher Dear Villagers today announced that, after two years in Steam Early Access, JRPG Edge o Eternity will release on PC on June 8.
Edge of Eternity will be released with a large launch update that adds 20 hours of additional gameplay and brings the game’s story to an end.
To celebrate the announcement the game will be available at a discount on Steam until April 13 and will be 33% off.
The game was also announced for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X/S today. It’ll arrive on the new-gen consoles alongside the PS4, Xbox One, and Xbox Game Pass versions in Q4 2021.
Here’s the synopsis in case you forgot all about the game:
In a world torn asunder, the people of Heryon pursue a desperate war against a mysterious invader. As this conflict opposing magic and technology grows to cataclysmic proportions, a new threat emerges from the battlefield. Wage epic turn-based battles as you follow Daryon and Selene in their quest to find a cure to the all-consuming Corrosion and save the world of Heryon.
“We’ve poured our whole heart into making Edge of Eternity,” said Jeremy Zeler, founder of Midgar Studio. “It’s a story of epic existential battles and intimate personal dramas. I can’t wait to show it off to the world.”
“Edge of Eternity is the perfect illustration of what we want to do with Dear Villagers: discover talented studios and help them bring ambitious projects to life,” says Guillaume Jamet, VP Publishing for Dear Villagers. “What Midgar has accomplished, with a small team, is quite incredible and we are very proud to be by their side for this launch.”
Here’s more about the game:
- An enthralling JRPG adventure where your choices matter: Discover a grand tale of hope and sacrifice, filled with plot twists and heart-wrenching moments. Solve quests in multiple ways, make your own choices and face their consequences.
- A gorgeous world to discover: Journey through Heryon’s unique and ethereal environments, and unearth its most ancient secrets.
- A stunning soundtrack from the composer of Chrono Trigger & Xenoblade Chronicles: Heryon is brought to life by a sublime soundtrack from industry legend and composer of Chrono Trigger & Xenoblade Chronicles, Yasunori Mitsuda.
- A Deep & Strategic Combat System: Outwit your enemies in epic turn-based tactical combat: use the environment to lure them into devious traps, outsmart and outflank them to inflict massive damage. Craft your gear and inset it with powerful crystals to unlock unique combinations of skills and power-ups.
- A Cast of Charismatic Characters: Meet a cast of larger-than-life companions, each with their own unique personalities and attributes. Discover their dreams, flaws, hopes and torments as you experience and share many special moments together.
Edge of Eternity was brought to life by 4,000 fans who supported the game via a successful Kickstarter campaign. The game first took to Kickstarter in September 2013 but failed to generate enough interest to be successful. A second crowdfunding campaign went live back in 2015. The game was released through Steam Early Access in December 2018.
The post Edge of Eternity leaves Early Access this June, coming to consoles and Game Pass in Q4 appeared first on VG247.